While some may believe that “passion” and “oncology” are concepts at opposite ends of the spectrum, for the staff at NEVOG, the two are indistinguishable. From doctors to technicians to administrative and desk staff, each and every NEVOG team member brings to the table the highest of standards, strongest dedication to their work, and an abiding, passionate commitment to patients and their families.
Acknowledging that everyone brings their own special talent and expertise to the job, and cultivating these qualities in each individual staff member, the partners at NEVOG also value mutual support and teamwork. In this regard, we seek candidates who share a sense of collaboration and community, with an atmosphere of empowerment paramount in the practice.
Additionally, while veterinary oncology is a rapidly evolving field and growth for NEVOG is imminent, maintaining a balance between the collegiality of a smaller practice and the patient, specialist, and technological advantages of a larger organization is key in any plans for future expansion. We invite and are always interested in hearing from motivated candidates who share our overall vision and philosophy for any current, and in anticipation of future, openings.
If you are committed to providing pre-eminent care in a progressive, team-driven environment, we encourage you to contact us at NEVOG.
Ready to Apply?
Please submit your résumé to HR@nevog.com.
In this uniquely combined role, the successful candidate will be fully trained and support both the Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy departments.
ResponsibilitiesAs a medical oncology technician, our technicians administer chemotherapy treatments, perform radiographs, phelbotomy, lab procedures, client communication, and manage the flow of the day for the doctors, among other duties.
As a radiation therapy technician, our technicians perform radiation treatments, CT scans, anesthesia (induction/monitoring/recovery), and client communication. Additional responsibilities include: scheduling appointments, blood draws, catheter placement, among other duties.
Qualifications- Fondness for cats and dogs
- 2+ yrs' working in a veterinary setting; specialty experience preferred
- CVT a plus
- Proven ability to pay strict attention to detail
- Experience performing blood draws, placing catheters, taking x-rays
- Anesthesia experience (induction/monitoring/recovery) highly desirable
- Experience with hold/restraint
- Solid communication skills; able to express self clearly and professionally
- Solid client and patient relationship skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoys and is able to work as part of a team as well as an individual contributor
- A positive attitude even when faced with adversity or under pressure
- The ability to lift objects and pets of up to 50lbs